I am very happy to announce I have been nominated for two blog awards today. Having been a WordPress blogger and reader for many years, I am privileged that someone has taken notice of my blog, In My Mother’s Room: A Memoir. To say that I’m honored, considering the quality of the writing found on my Wordpress associates’ blogs, is an understatement. In this regard, I am very excited to have been nominated for the “Inspiring Blog Award” and “One Lovely Blog Award.”
I would like to thank Jackie, publisher of http://changeforbetterme.wordpress.com/ for nominating me. I encourage others to check out her blog. I’m confident you will find it inspiring and well worth your time.
As per the protocol of these awards, I have to tell you seven things about myself. Hmm…here goes:
1) I am a graduate of The Ohio State University and bleed scarlet and gray from September through Thanksgiving (and, during good years, throughout the Bowl Game season). Go Bucks!
2) I have two amazing children and one equally amazing Beagle, Ella Fitzgerald.
3) I like to listen to an assortment of music genres, including Lil Wayne and The Avett Brothers. Having kids has kept my musical tastes relevant, and my son, a college jazz percussion major, continues to turn me onto such groups as Snarky Puppy and Robert Glasper Experiment. I also saw the Foo Fighters last summer in Columbus, Ohio. (Cross one off the Bucket List, and rest assured, Dave Grohl is a total babe.)
4) I turn 50 tomorrow!!!
5) Next spring, I should be hooded as I commence with my MA in English studies 🙂
6) I’m a grandma to little Ethan, two months old 🙂 🙂
7) And unlike my nominator, I LOVE the taste of beer 🙂 (Sorry, Jackie)
Here’s the best but most difficult part of the blogger award nomination protocol: I must nominate fifteen other bloggers. I read so many wonderful blogs, and if I could nominate all of them, I would. But since I must narrow them down, I nominate the following. Some inspire me, some teach me, and some make me chuckle.
I hope you take some time out to check out my nominees’ blogs. Grab a cup of coffee (or a beer) and enjoy.